Northwest News HEADLINES
Whatcom County's hired staff and appointed planning commissioners disagree over how to comply with state law by doing more to protect the character of rural areas.
Olympian reporter Matt Batcheldor took second place for social issues reporting as part of the 2012 Society of Professional Journalists Northwest Excellence in Journalism Contest. He was honored for his work reporting on Olympia’s homeless population.
English entertainer and former Monty Python member Eric Idle delivered the commencement speech Sunday at Whitman College in Walla Walla where his daughter Lily was among the 375 graduates.
Forecasters say Washington is in for a change in weather to a cool, wet spell that is expected to last the rest of the week.
The Washington State Patrol says a 13-year-old boy riding a dirt bike ran a stop sign and collided with a pickup truck and trailer on Highway 174 Sunday afternoon about a mile west of Wilbur in Lincoln County.
Police say two groups exchanged shots across a south Seattle street Sunday night just before midnight, wounding a woman in the leg.
Twice a week, the library, playfield, hallways and some of the classrooms at Meadows Elementary School in Lacey transform into a different place: It’s called Clubhouse.
No rain and mild temperatures made for ideal running conditions and helped some runners set personal records during Sunday’s 32nd annual Capital City Marathon.
With tolls expected to increase a total of 50 cents on the eastbound Tacoma Narrows Bridge over the next two summers, drivers face a hard reality.
BELLINGHAM - One family was displaced as fire damaged an apartment complex west of Civic Field on Sunday evening, May 20.
Last year was the best Doug Overturf has seen for car sales.
Gather4Him Bible College may have found a permanent home at last. At least that is the hopeful prayer the college's president, Bob Nash, has been offering up to for the past few years.
Teams are sought for a bus pull event to benefit Special Olympics athletes.
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- Kent police arrest NBA player suspected of threatening woman with gun
- Ruston moratorium baffles business owners
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 89 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 51 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 21 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 15 Ruston moratorium baffles business owners