Coverage of fatal shooting at Foss High School
Foss Shooting HEADLINES
Rith Kok tenderly stroked his younger brother’s head.
City leaders and school officials have stepped up work on a plan to station full-time police officers at each of Tacoma’s five comprehensive high schools following last week’s fatal shooting at Foss High.
Detectives are investigating whether a Foss High School junior shot a fellow student to death in a school hallway last week because he felt slighted in some way, a Tacoma police official said Saturday.
Tacoma police and school officials said Friday that they will jointly develop a response plan that would prevent the type of confusion that ensued Wednesday after a fatal school shooting at Foss High School.
The teenager charged with shooting a fellow student to death at Tacoma’s Foss High School might have schizophrenia and take anti-pyschotic medications, according to a report by a mental health expert at the Pierce County Jail.
The teenager charged with shooting a fellow student to death at Tacoma’s Foss High School may have schizophrenia and take anti-pyschotic medications, according to a report prepared by a mental health expert at the Pierce County Jail.
A teenager charged Thursday with shooting a fellow student to death at Tacoma’s Foss High School had taken guns to school before, court records state.
Classes resumed Thursday at Foss High School in Tacoma, but students said it was anything but a normal school day.
Douglas Chanthabouly spotted Samnang Kok on Wednesday morning in the 300 hallway of Foss High School and walked up to him, according to charging documents.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 143 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 111 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 71 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 12 Party lines blur at transportation rally
- 10 Thoms misused office, ethics board rules