A counterfeit life HEADLINES
Kirk Arthur had never seen anything like the case of Heinz Schirmaier.
Chuck Swanson arrived early for the 9 a.m. court hearing Dec. 7, 2001.
A dentist bill for $286.73.
Heinz Schirmaier's life as Chuck Swanson nearly ended in 1982, when his new wife went digging through a shoe box of his belongings and found an identification card in his real name.
Chuck Swanson was the wrong guy to steal from.
Heinz Schirmaier wanted a new life. In the fall of 1978, the 38-year-old German immigrant found himself in Colorado in the middle of a breakup with his third wife, a bitter split in which he was accused of firing a gun during an argument.
Renee Schirmaier always believed her dad would come back for her.
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Change is coming: Mariners to send down Jesus Montero to Tacoma, bring up Jesus Sucre
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom