When they met at a 2007 Washington camp for scholarship winners, Bashair Alazadi was 16 and wore the traditional headscarf of all Muslim women. Carlos Sandoval was 17, Catholic and a smartass.
Religion News HEADLINES
A first-of-its-kind interfaith observance of the National Day of Prayer will take place Thursday in University Place.
A former prime minister of Ethiopia will speak Friday at the 35th annual Pierce County Prayer Breakfast.
Chaplain Capt. Rick Pak is his own best example in the stories he uses to help veteran Stryker soldiers cope with the stresses of juggling combat deployments with family lives at home.
Some Tacoma-area Catholics say what they want most in the next pope is a spiritual leader who will guide and inspire them by what he says and does.
Rabbi Avi Weinstein, head of Jewish studies at the Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy:
Christian rock will fill Tacoma’s Temple Theatre tonight when the Newsboys headline the God’s Not Dead Tour. The evening also includes Building 429, All Things New and Campbell.
An employee of a Tacoma church says in a recently filed lawsuit that the pastor there sexually harassed her for years and that local and regional church officials did nothing to stop it.
Eight months after leaving the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), a historic Sumner congregation is doing well, growing and reaching out to help children, its pastor says.
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Change is coming: Mariners to send down Jesus Montero to Tacoma, bring up Jesus Sucre
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- 368 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 181 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 122 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 32 Party lines blur at transportation rally