Bill Nye, best known on television as the Science Guy, will be the keynote speaker at the Center for Inquiry Summit in Tacoma on Oct. 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Bill Nye is best known as "The Science Guy" and former star of "Almost Live." He'll be in Tacoma to give the keynote address Oct. 25 for a national conference bringing together skeptics, humanists and atheists.
A.M. Bhattacharyya, Hindu adviser of the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council:
During 26 years as pastor of Tacoma’s oldest black Baptist church, the Rev. Freeman Rhoades taught others to follow Jesus. He reached out to the community and its needs.
A banquet Saturday will honor the Rev. Freeman Rhoades, who is retiring after 26 years as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Tacoma.
The Vietnamese Buddhist Meditation Center sits on 6 acres on the edge of Tacoma’s East Side and houses a temple, monastery and recreation room.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some