Highway fatalities in Pierce and Thurston counties have dropped 50 percent so far this year, a trend authorities hope continues.
It appeared in the dead of night and then disappeared nearly as suddenly about two weeks later, but the symbolism of what residents and neighbors are calling the rogue crosswalk remains strong in Tacomas Triangle District, where lingering concerns over traffic and roadway safety have intensified in recent weeks.
A man drove off Yakima Avenue, down an embankment and landed on Interstate 5 just before 4 p.m. while trying to avoid officers after a hit-and-run accident, Tacoma police spokeswoman Loretta Cool and the Washington State Patrol said.
Lane closures on the westbound Tacoma Narrows Bridge could cause evening backups this week, according to the state Department of Transportation.
A forecast for high winds canceled Wednesday night’s closure of eastbound state Route 16.
Crews will close a section of eastbound state Route 16 in Tacoma late tonight to continue work on the Nalley Valley project, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Question: What happens if you don’t pay parking tickets you get on a rental car?
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Change is coming: Mariners to send down Jesus Montero to Tacoma, bring up Jesus Sucre
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- 364 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 174 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally