There is something about our species that makes us almost welcome the idea of turning back time and going home to the jungle.
I am grateful for the arrival of a tiny Winston Churchill look-alike who has overwhelmed cable television’s usual dreary obsession with homicide trials.
One day when I was 6 years old, a 13-year-old girl took me by the hand, walked me into a public library and told me I could read any of the hundreds of books on the shelves. And I could read them for free.
I realized the other day what a scam cat treats are, not to mention what a fool I have been.
News Tribune Editorial Writers
Special to The News Tribune
- Katie Baird
- Richard S. Davis
- Bill Hall
- Karen Irwin · blog
- Maggie McGuire · blog
- Brian O'Neill
- David Seago · blog
Community Columnists · 2013
Community Columnists · 2012
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some