How bizarre it is that a prime instrument of a mother’s love for her children — one of her pots and pans — has become a creepy instrument of death.
Like so many of you, I never got to meet all four of my grandparents. But Alexander Graham Bell has reminded me how the grandchildren of today can have a better idea of their grandparents, even if they have never met them in the flesh.
Come clean, you dirty rat.
An international airline with computer troubles was compelled to cancel hundreds of flights for thousands of passengers, but it apologized.
I was sitting in a theater watching the last few minutes of a movie when it dawned on me that, technically, the movie was very long. But I hadn’t even noticed.
Like most Americans, I am neither 100 percent capitalist nor 100 per cent socialist. I not only support the blatantly socialistic public schools and fire departments but I also support the transparently capitalistic espresso bars, grocery stores, commercial cat food companies and manly man hardware stores.
A newspaper report on a traffic accident told a familiar story: “The vehicle rolled, and she was ejected.”
We are deep into a new era of social acceptance in which some of life’s clouds have parted and the son has come out.
Until recently, coffee was part of the glue that holds couples together.
Some years ago, I went through a period of incessant sneezing. If you lived near me, that’s what that sound was that used to keep you awake.
It’s easy to tell heroes from the rest of us.
I heard something the other day that made me start worrying about the old age of my unborn great-grandson.
If you build a better mouse trap, the world will beat a path to your door, but not if your mouse murder device is no better than the traps already on the market.
I was boggled to realize that the team I have always rooted for had won the Super Bowl.
An antiquated friend of mine says he doesn’t use electronic book readers because he likes “the feel” of old-fashioned paper books.
News Tribune Editorial Writers
Special to The News Tribune
- Katie Baird
- Richard S. Davis
- Bill Hall
- Karen Irwin · blog
- Maggie McGuire · blog
- Brian O'Neill
- David Seago · blog
Community Columnists · 2013
Community Columnists · 2012
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Years of work reunites teens accused of '88 gang shooting
- Morning links: Holding Carroll’s feet to the fire on PEDs
- Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 301 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 35 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 31 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 8 Hey, Pete, it’s time you talked about Seahawks’ drug-test failures
- 4 Do visas for skilled foreigners shut out US tech workers?