Re: "Culture clash at Point Ruston" (TNT, 5-10).
Point Ruston developers' arrogance continually amazes me.
Not only is the City of Ruston concerned about the development, but so is the Environmental Protection Agency. The amount of money involved is no reason to allow the developer carte blanche.
Is it appropriate to accommodate in the face of potentially dangerous issues, such as inadequate rebar and propane installation? Do we want another catastrophe like the one in which the concrete fell on and killed three people?
According to the article:
• The Cohens "deviated from (the) master plan" in at least 90 ways.
• "Despite not having a permit, the Cohens decided to build anyway . . ."
• "Point Ruston went ahead with the pour, despite having no inspection."
• "Ruston issued a stop-work order for the parking garage . . . but the workers kept building."
• "(When) Ruston . . . delivered paperwork to the construction office, Loren Cohen 'got in my face and told (me) to leave.'"
Who has the guts to stand up to these people? Someone in authority has to watch over developments to keep them safe.