TOP Top Story
Published: 05/21/13 21:27:03
Arts education is in the spotlight across Washington state this month, part of an emphasis put forth by Randy Dorn, the state Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Published: 05/16/13 13:13:03
The auditioned elementary choir showcasing the talent of 87 students in the Puyallup School District put on an impressive show during a mini-tour of three schools Thursday morning, including a stop at Maplewood.
Published: 05/14/13 21:28:08
Four teachers were recognized last week for their commitment to student learning and achievement.
Published: 05/14/13 09:52:57
Sterino Farms' new produce market in Puyallup had its grand opening last Wednesday, and it started bright and early at 8 a.m. Within the first several hours, dozens of loyal customers and some new ones arrived at 6116 52nd St. E. to pick up fresh crops, including rhubarb and lettuce straight from the farm.
Published: 05/13/13 14:01:09
At 10 a.m. this morning the operations team at the Washington State Fair Events Center took down the iconic "cow head" symbol of the Puyallup Fair that for decades had been attached to the canopy above the ticket booths at the Gold Gate entrance to the fairgrounds.
Published: 05/07/13 11:49:13
During the 2010-11 fiscal year, following a downward economy in which many people found themselves newly unemployed, the Pierce County Library System rolled out a job and business center at six of its 17 branches.
Published: 04/30/13 16:13:01
On Tuesday afternoon at the Pierce College Puyallup campus, students in the dining commons of the college center building tried out "drunk goggles" to give them the sense of what it's like to be under the influence of alcohol.
Published: 04/26/13 14:06:31
Over the next several years, the Puyallup fairgrounds will take on many physical transformations to enhance the facility as the name changes to the Washington State Fair.
Published: 04/19/13 14:49:27
The annual Spring Fair brought out the crowds this week despite a few rain drops. There was plenty to do and see with carnival rides, animal and human acts, delicious food, and games.
Published: 04/16/13 21:29:45
Yellow daffodils brightened the drizzling sky during the parade as princesses, bands and floats entered Puyallup, the second stop for the Daffodil Festival on Saturday.
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 322 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 166 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 117 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 73 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 27 Party lines blur at transportation rally