TOP Top Story
Published: 04/04/13 16:41:24
Cascade Regional Blood Services, a nonprofit community blood center serving as the sole provider of blood to hospitals and clinics in South King and Pierce counties, is enjoying a new location for its Puyallup donor center at 615 E. Pioneer Ave, Suite 114.
Published: 03/29/13 12:51:01
Sumner City Councilmember Randy Hynek has an idea that he said would benefit the community: a farmers market. While collaborating with council member Nancy Dumas, his idea has developed into an indoor farmers market community co-op that would occupy the vacant Sumner Red Apple Market building. The city of Sumner purchased the Red Apple in 1999, and the building has been vacant since 2006.
Published: 03/26/13 13:25:40
With 38 seconds left in regulation during a scoreless tie, Puyallup forward Marcus Wilson uncorked a shot from 30 yards out that appeared to be destined for the back of the net.
Published: 03/22/13 10:12:33
Few people would associate Puyallup with funk and soul music, but it has been the home of Internet radio station Funk Republic Radio for the past six months.
Published: 03/18/13 13:52:19
Carrie Underwood, the winner of the fourth season of American Idol in 2005 and now a country music superstar, is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 at the Washington State Fair's 2013 Concert Series. presented by Columbia Bank.
Published: 03/18/13 10:05:52
Puyallup may have defeated Rogers 26-21 in a matchup between Special Olympics basketball teams last Thursday night, but the final score wasn't the focus of the evening.
Published: 03/14/13 09:15:39
More than $3 million in debt and another $1.8 million looming in the future, Puyallup’s Seventh-day Adventist Church will soon launch a fundraising drive to eat away at its financial obligation.
Published: 03/12/13 09:37:49
Patrick Duffy, a retired family physician who practiced in Sumner between 1952 and 2004 and delivered more than 2,000 babies, received quite a celebration by his peers to honor and recognize his 60-years of service to the Sumner Rotary.
Published: 03/08/13 16:12:14
The Sumner High School ASB hosted its seventh annual Benefit Night Talent Show and raised more than $25,000 last month for a city resident.
Published: 03/05/13 11:17:55
Clarence Waters joined the Daffodil Valley Kiwanis Club in 1963 and has been a member ever since. He was honored for his 50 years of service to the club during a recent dinner and ceremony at Charlie’s Restaurant in downtown Puyallup.
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- Confirmed: Josh Portis arrested for DUI; RB Christine Michael Signs
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 106 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 67 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 55 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency