Sounders FC / MLS HEADLINES
The start of Will Bates’ professional soccer career was delayed by injury, but now that he’s back on the pitch, he is clear about what he hopes to accomplish.
The Seattle Sounders will be spectators tonight as the CONCACAF Champions League final round begins.
Sounders FC won its first game over the weekend, and on Monday, the sun was shining in Seattle.
Seattle Sounders FC finally enjoyed a day of somersaults and backflips.
Blas Perez scored in the second half, Raul Fernandez recorded his fourth shutout of the season and FC Dallas beat the Vancouver Whitecaps, 2-0, on Saturday night in Frisco, Texas.
The Sounders FC injury list apparently will get shorter by at least one name this week after midfielder Brad Evans declared himself fully fit to return for the club’s Saturday match at the Colorado Rapids.
The Seattle Sounders’ inability to score Saturday was no statistical shock.
The National Women’s Soccer League, the third incarnation of a women’s professional soccer league in the United States, began its 2013 season Saturday. The Seattle Reign plays today in Chicago. Here are five things to know about the latest women’s soccer endeavor:
Seattle Reign FC wants to play winning and watchable soccer.
The Seattle Sounders woke up this morning in the Major League Soccer basement, and that’s where they’ll remain when they go to sleep tonight – regardless of their result today against the New England Revolution.
Five months after the creation of the club and its league, Seattle Reign FC leaves today for its inaugural game in the National Women’s Soccer League.
Under most circumstances, an MLS team earning a draw in Mexico would be seen as a good result.
Last year, Sounders FC took a one-goal advantage into Santos Laguna’s home stadium, and the Mexican club made it up and then some with a 6-1 victory.
Herculez Gomez was teammates with Sounders FC defender Zach Scott in 2003 when they played for the USL Seattle Sounders.
The Seattle Sounders’ path to the CONCACAF Champions League final round got considerably more difficult Tuesday.
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- 364 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally