I get the impression that there are a lot of untrustworthy cats in this country from the number of remedies submitted to me on combating urine odors.
Curious what my garden looks like? Here’s your chance. My hometown of Enumclaw is hosting a tour of eight local gardens to benefit our hospital care van. The tour is Saturday and includes garden art vendors at every garden. I’ll be giving a seminar at the garden that is hosting the food vendors. The topic will be “Shortcuts to a Show Garden” and you’ll learn tips on how anyone can dress up a landscape with very little time or money.
Turn an “oh” at salad into “Oh, wow” with a little imagination and not much effort. Even the best-dressed leaves can benefit from a sprinkling of nuts or seeds. Just add them right before serving so they stay nice and crunchy.
Watercress is a treat I had come to associate with spring and the return of farmers markets -- that is, until I came across vibrant bunches of it recently at the local grocer.
HOME & GARDEN HEADLINES
THRIFTY LIVING HEADLINES
NORTHWEST WINE HEADLINES
- Woman pleads not guilty to assaulting baby, makes bizarre statements
- Man dies of injuries after longboard crash at Chambers Bay
- Wilson faces more pressure than other young QBs?
- New Puyallup River bridge at SR 167 expected in next few years; funding an issue with Milroy span
- City of Tacoma puts out a request for developers to build on downtown’s biggest undeveloped site