South Hill HEADLINES
A 13-year-old South Hill girl who was missing has been found safe.
The family of 25-year-old Austin Smith is raising funds to give the man, whose body was found last week on the Puyallup River, a proper burial, cousin Paul Powers said.
Overnight closures are planned this week on a section of Canyon Road East in Puyallup so crews can remove deteriorated pavement and seal cracks.
Fresh from mid-morning recess in the August sunshine, a group of 17 pre-kindergarten students needed a gentle reminder that it was time to focus.
Later this year, a Washington-based burger chain will open its first South Sound location. Bobs Burgers and Brews plans a late December or early January opening for its South Hill restaurant.
Authorities continue search for Justin Morris' remains as his friend, Michael Breer, pleads not guilty to first-degree murder in Pierce County Superior Court.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some