South Hill HEADLINES
In an updated press release, Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman said a school bus was not hit by gunfire this afternoon. Shots were fired elsewhere and a car fleeing that incident struck the school bus. No students were injured.
Defense attorney Wayne Fricke and Pierce County deputy prosecutor Brian Wasankari agreed on two things Friday: Xing M. Zhu suffers from a mental illness, and she killed her mother.
Teen gymnast Jacoby Miles plans to come home from the hospital Monday, but she saw Sunday that its not exactly the same house she left. Miles got a sneak peak of the 1,300 square feet added to her familys South Hill home. It was one of the 15-year-olds only outings from the hospital since a dismount from the uneven/parallel bars Nov. 16 left her paralyzed from the mid-chest down.
UPDATED WITH VIDEO: A homeowner in the Summit area shot and killed two men who apparently were trying to steal marijuana from a pot-growing operation at the home, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said today.
Lights & Sirens: King County Sheriff's deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- Pentagon finds budget cuts not so hard after all
- 365 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally