Spanaway wasn’t always strip malls and golf courses. For centuries, it was still prairie, offering lakeside food gathering for local tribes and, later, farming for the Hudson’s Bay Co. and even stagecoach rides to Mount Rainier for tourists.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some