My column in tomorrow's paper will take a look at the Pac-10 race at its mid-point. But for now, our weekly power rankings:
1 Oregon 19-2, 7-2: UW game proved Brooks' value; WSU game proved Ducks' heart.
2. UCLA 18-2, 7-2: Bruins had no answers once Stanford got going.
3. Washington State 17-4, 6-3: So close to being tied at the top at league mid-point.
4. Stanford 14-5, 6-3: Young players coming together ahead of schedule.
5. USC 16-6, 6-3: Tough defense was absent against Bay Area schools.
6. Arizona 14-6, 5-4: Rare dip for Lute Olson's Wildcats; can he pull them out of it?
7. Washington 13-7, 3-6: Among Pac-10's best … at home. Crucial two-game trip awaits.
8. California 12-9, 4-5: Injuries slowing Bears. Vierneisel expected back by weekend, Hardin maybe for Pac-10 tourney.
9. Oregon State 9-13, 1-8: Didn't show much fight vs. Huskies.
10. Arizona State 6-14, 0-9: Playing slow and losing close.