Here's the Associated Press game story.
A few notes:
*This was the seventh time the NCAA title game was decided in overtime. This was the first time since 1997, when Arizona beat Kentucky.
* This was Kansas' third national title and first since 1988. Memphis has now been to the title game twice, losing each.
Never miss a local story.
* Kansas finished its the season 37-3, the most single-season wins in school history.
* Memphis ended the season 38-2, establishing a record for wins in an NCAA season.
* The Jayhawks ended the season with 13 straight wins. Their title game win snapped a 13-game winning streak by Memphis.
* Mario Chalmers, who hit the 3-pointer with two seconds left that sent the game into overtime, was selected the tournament's most outstanding player. He won the same honor at the Big 12 tournament and in the Midwest Regional.
*This was the second consecutive season in what the basketball champion's school also won a BCS bowl game (Orange Bowl). Last season, Florida had won NCAA title in both sports.
* Kansas finished the season 9-0 at neutral sites.
*Kansas hit 14 of 15 free throws, which would have been the second best in a title game, except that it fell on short of the minimum of 15 free throws made.
*The teams combined for 22 steals, third most in a title game.
* Finally, here's a link to an LA Daily News analysis on UCLA, facing lots of questions after being eliminated by Memphis in the semifinals on Saturday.