Let's put a few thoughts out there on today's UW defeat to 12th-ranked Oregon, which was clearly the better team throughout.
• Problematic again were the Huskies' special teams, which were downright atrocious. When was the last time you saw a program fall for two fake kicks in one half?
• Again, the UW failed to show any short-yardage identity, especially inside the opposing 5-yard line.
• You can live with the overreaction to a play with linebackers Mason Foster and Donald Butler, because they have made big stops, and forced miscues, all season long. Can you continue to do that with E.J. Savannah?
• No meaningful offensive snaps for running back Johri Fogerson for the first time this season. And when receiver D'Andre Goodwin got in, it was either for a Hail Mary (end of first half), when Jermaine Kearse (shaken up on 46-yard catch) came up hobbled in the second half or in mop-up time (Ronnie Fouch came in with 4;15 to go).
• At 3-5, the discussion about a UW bowl game should die – not die down, butdie completel
y. This team isn't ready for that.