The Colorado Buffaloes received some bad news today as top play-making receiver Paul Richardson suffered a torn ACL and will miss the 2012 season.
Richardson missed four games last season with a sprained knee. and still was the team's third leading receiver. He had 39 receptions for 555 yards and five touchdowns. He set a school record with 284 yards in CU's 36-33 overtime loss to California, when he also tied the school mark for single game receptions with 11. In just two years at CU, the 6-1, 170-pounder from Gardena, Calif., is already 21st in all-time receiving yards (1,069), 25th all-time in receptions (73) and tied for ninth in touchdown receptions (9).
- Cal: Here's some video of head coach Jeff Tedford talking about his team with Ted Miller. Here's some notes from California Golden Blogs
- Oregon: Adam Jude wrote about Kenjon Barner's starring role with the Ducks. Rob Mosley has a blog post on the situational scrimmage that Oregon held today.
- Oregon State: Head coach Mike Riley is calling the offensive plays this spring. But won't say if he will do it in the fall.
- Washington State: It will be interesting to see how Mike Leach handles the DUI arrest of Denzell Dotson in comparison to the previous arrests he's dealt with.
- Stanford: Linebacker Kevin Anderson has impressed during spring practice.
Never miss a local story.
ASU: The Sun Devils new offensive coordinator expects the decision to pick a starting quarterback to be difficult.