University of Washington announced the inductees for the 2012 Husky Hall of Fame class, which includes two stand-out football players form the Huskies glory days.
Hard hitting safety Lawyer Milloy (1993-95) and linebacker Dave Hoffman (1989-92) were part of the six person class that also Chet Crile (men's tennis, 1990-93), Giuliana Mendiola (women's basketball, 2001-04), Tiffany Simpson (women's gymnastics, 1996-98, 2000), and O.D. Vincent III (men's golf, 1987-89, 1991).
"We are excited to welcome such a heralded group into the Husky Hall of Fame," John Otness, Director of the Big W Club said. "These former student-athletes all enjoyed tremendous success at the University of Washington and are proud Husky ambassadors."
People remember that Milloy was outstanding football player, but he was also a starting center fielder for the baseball team.
Never miss a local story.
Some of Milloy's accomplishments include ...
Letters Won: 6 (1993-95 [football]; 1993-95 [baseball])
National Honors (football)
- Unanimous first-team All-America in 1995 (football)
- One of only six unanimous All-America selections in UW football history
- Two-time first-team All-Pac-10 (1994 and 1995) (football)
- Led UW in tackles in 1994 (106) and 1995 (115)
- Winner of Chuck Niemi Big Hit Award (1995) (football)
- Member of 1993 Pac-10 North baseball champion team
- Member of 1994 baseball team that finished second at NCAA Regional
- Drafted by the New England Patriots in the 2nd round of the 1996 NFL Draft
- Played 15 seasons in the NFL
- Four-time Pro Bowl selection (1998, 1999, 2001, 2002)
- Three-time All-Pro selection (1998, 1999, 2001)
- Member of New England’s Super Bowl XXXVI championship team
- Member of two AFC championship teams (1996, 2002)
- Named to New England Patriots All-1990s and All-2000s teams
- Drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the 29th round of the 1991 MLB Draft and by the Detroit Tigers in the 19th round of the 1995 MLB Draft
Letters Won: 4 (1989-’92)
- One of three finalists for the 1992 Butkus Award
- Named first-team All-America by Football News and the football writers in 1991
- Named first-team All-America by America Football Coaches’ Association and by Playboy magazine in 1992
- Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year in 1992
- First-team All-Pac-10 (1991, 1992)
- Started all 12 games for 1991 National Champion football team
- Started every game for 1990, 1991 and 1992 Pac-10 champion football teams
- Won UW’s Guy Flaherty Most Inspirational Award in 1992
- Named UW Most Valuable Player in 1991
- Won Chuck Niemi Big Hit Award in 1990
- Won Earle T. Glant Tough Husky Award in 1991
- Led the Huskies in tackles three straight seasons (1990, 1991 and 1992)
- 1992 team captain
- Played in the East-West Shrine Game and the Hula Bowl following senior season
- Drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 6th round of the 1993 NFL Draft
- Played for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1993
- Following football career, joined the United States Secret Service