These run in the paper, so I thought I'd start adding them here.
National power rankings
1. Alabama (1). Has an extra week to prepare for Johnny Manziel.
2. Stanford (2). Gets started Saturday with a tough San Jose State team.
3. Ohio State (3). Needs to look better against San Diego State.
4. Oregon (4). You don’t get promoted here for whipping Nicholls State.
5. Clemson (5). South Carolina State an easier task than Georgia.
6. South Carolina (6). The Clowney Show travels to Georgia. ESPN goes crazy.
7. Texas A&M (15). How would you like to be paid Johnny? "Straight cash, homey."
8. Louisville (8). Won’t know if they are for real until bowl game.
9. LSU (11). Strong win against TCU in opening week.
10. Florida (9). At Miami this Saturday will be fun.
11. Oklahoma State (10). Softest non-conference schedule in top 25.
12. Florida State (13). QB Jameis Winston has a good outfield arm, too.
13. Notre Dame (12). If the Irish ever get on TV, big things could come.
14. Texas (16). At BYU, always tricky.
15. Georgia (7). Don’t want to penalize too much for loss at Clemson.
16. Nebraska (14). Too close at home against Wyoming.
17. UCLA (18). Will head toward top 10 if they light up Huskers in two weeks.
18. Michigan (17). Learned nothing last week vs. Central Michigan.
19. Oklahoma (14). Hosts a West Virginia team that barely beat William & Mary.
20. Wisconsin (21). Hosts Tennessee Tech … zzzzzz.
21. Washington (NR). Should be 4-0 on way to Palo Alto.
22. Arizona State (23). Layup against Sac State for home opener.
23. Northwestern (24). Three easy home games before Ohio State arrives.
24. TCU (23). Not average frogs. Horned frogs.
25. Miami (NR). No whammy, no whammy, stop!
Pac-12 power rankings
1. Stanford (1). Run for the Roses starts Saturday.
2. Oregon (2). Nicholls State? C’mon, dude.
3. UCLA (4). Hundley is Mariota, Mariota is Hundley.
4. Washington (5). Sankey best RB in conference?
5. Arizona State (3). NT Will Sutton like a bull on parade.
6. USC (6). Looked sloppy in opener and could be in trouble, again.
7. Arizona (8). QB Denker showed good wheels.
8. Oregon State (7). Riley has a lot of fixing to do.
9. Washington State (9) Signs of life for former corpses.
10. Colorado (12) Paul Richardson is a legit weapon.
11. Cal (11). Wrong personnel for Dykes’ right approach.
12. Utah (10) Barely beat Utah State.