Who knew Alabama would be the one catching heat in the media the week it plays Johnny Manziel? That's the case after these reports from Yahoo! sports.
To the rankings:
Never miss a local story.
National power rankings
1. Alabama (1). Heerrrrrrrrrre’s Johnny.
2. Stanford (2). Handled a good San Jose State team with ease.
3. Oregon (4). Mariota has built-in Flux capacitor to boost speed.
4. Ohio State (3). Meyer says QB Miller will be back.
5. Clemson (5). No challenges until Florida State Oct. 19.
6. Texas A&M (7). Johnny be good, A&M defense not so much.
7. Louisville (8). Plays Kentucky Saturday. Not the same panache as hoops.
8. LSU (9). Coach Miles has his ways. Mysterious they may be.
9. Oklahoma State (11). Sports Illustrated stories slated for this are bad news.
10. Georgia (15). RB Todd Gurley, he’s a man! He’s 19!
11. Florida State (12). Bye week and you move up. What a country.
12. Michigan (18). Should be a breeze until end of October.
13. South Carolina (6). Assistants arguing on the sideline? Not a good look.
14. UCLA (17). Showdown at Nebraska on Saturday.
15. Nebraska (16). Which version of Taylor Martinez shows up?
16. Oklahoma (19). Just 50 points in two games against cupcakes.
17. Miami (25). Florida do it several favors.
18. Florida (10). Will find a way back into it.
19. Wisconsin (20). Yet to be scored on, faced two weaklings, though.
20. Washington (21). Illinois’ win over Cincinnati an eye opener.
21. Arizona State (22). Wisconsin comes to the desert in first of several tests for ASU.
22. Northwestern (23). Should be 4-0 when hosting Ohio State on Oct. 5.
23. Notre Dame (13). Quarterback is an issue.
24. TCU (24). Test at Texas Tech this weekend.
25. Texas (14). Firing the DC in week two. Nice.
Pac-12 power rankings
1. Stanford (1). Coach Shaw says there aren’t many teams like them. He’s right.
2. Oregon (2). Speed merchants blew Virginia off field in first 10 minutes.
3. UCLA (3). Trying to avoid a loss while dealing with loss.
4. Washington (4). With Seferian-Jenkins back, what can offense become?
5. Arizona State (5). Starts gantlet run by hosting Wisconsin.
6. Arizona (7). Ka’Deem Carey is back, and he’s running angry.
7. Oregon State (8). Mannion stays hot, can defense keep it together?
8. Washington State (9). Aesthetics don’t matter in road wins.
9. USC (6). Lane Kiffin the biggest curiosity in the conference.
10. Colorado (10) Paul Richardson is may be the ultimate weapon.
11. Cal (11). QB Goff acquitting himself well early on.
12. Utah (12) We’ll find out a lot more this weekend.