Here are the Pac-12 power rankings we assemble each Tuesday night for Thursday's newspaper. As usual, these are simply a week-by-week snapshot of which teams we feel are playing the best at present. Last week's ranking in parentheses.
1. Oregon (1) – Win over UW would make an even 10 straight in the series.
2. Stanford (2) – Game at Utah is no gimme.
3. Washington (4) – Near-miss at Stanford proved UW’s mettle. Win vs. Oregon would prove much more.
Never miss a local story.
4. UCLA (3) – Hundley and Co. could set records vs. Cal.
5. Washington State (9) – Quietly enormous game vs. OSU in Pullman this weekend.
6. Oregon State (6) – Sean Mannion vs. WSU secondary could be interesting.
7. Utah (7) – Utes are thisclose to proving themselves as Pac-12 South contender.
8. Arizona State (5) -- Tough loss at Notre Dame shouldn’t hinder Sun Devils vs. Colorado.
9. USC (10) – Ed Orgeron gets soft landing vs. weak(er) Arizona team.
10. Arizona (8) – Ka’Deem Carey vs. Trojans’ D is good matchup.
11. Colorado (11) – No matter how rest of season goes, Buffs already better than 2012 version.
12. California (12) – Bears have more talent than they’ve shown. Swear.
Christian Caple can be reached at email@example.com. Twitter: @ChristianCaple