A memorial service for longtime Washington football coach Don James will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, the UW announced Monday. It will be open to the public.
Also, here's a list of other remembrances planned for James before and during UW's game against California at Husky Stadium on Saturday, as announced by the university:
• James family members will serve as honorary captains for the pre-game coin toss.
• The Husky Marching Band will perform "A Tribute to The Dawgfather," including a memorial video and former UW football players, during halftime.
Never miss a local story.
• Due to the late kickoff time, and also due to the halftime tribute, The Zone will be open ONLY during pre-game hours (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
• The UW players will wear helmet decals for the remainder of the 2013 season.
• UW coaches and other sideline staff will wear a similar patch.
• Due to the halftime activities, the annual Homecoming "Blanket Parade," involving former UW letterwinners, will be moved to pre-game.
• Further remembrances may also be added once details are worked out during the course of the coming week.