Getting these up before the games begin ...
(Previous week's rank in parentheses)
- Oregon (1) – De’Anthony Thomas thinks Ducks should score 40 on Stanford. Sounds about right.
- Stanford (2) – Doesn’t feel like Cardinal have enough gas to keep up with Oregon, but we’ll see.
- Arizona State (3) – Sun Devils won’t play Ducks this season unless it’s in the Pac-12 title game. Which could very well happen.
- USC (4) – Great win in Corvallis, and Trojans all of a sudden look like serious Pac-12 South contenders.
- UCLA (6) – Took care of business against Buffs, but that’s about it.
- Washington (8) – Can clinch bowl eligibility for fourth consecutive season by beating Colorado this week.
- Arizona (7) – Raise your hand if you thought Wildcats would be bowl eligible before Huskies?
- Oregon State (5) – Want to know how Beavers could possibly have lost at home to Eastern Washington? Watch film from USC game.
- Utah (9) – With ASU and Oregon up next, Utes looking at a likely 4-game losing streak.
- Colorado (11) – Sure, the Buffaloes lost last weekend. But they didn’t roll over, and that’s more than can be said for WSU.
- California (12) – Bears came close to breaking through against Arizona, but close don’t cut it.
- Washington State (10) – A performance like WSU had against ASU is deserving of the bottom spot.