UW coach Chris Petersen was asked early in the press conference if he could say a little bit of something about all 24 of his new recruits (list in post below).
He declined, noting that every response would sound similar: He likes them all.
Then, over a 30-minute press conference, he sort of proved his point, with excitement and praise for every guy asked about.
A few specific hightlights:
* This class of offensive linemen is taller than usual, and he seems to like that.
* There are more Huskies who could play either offense or defense, and yes, sometimes both.
* There was no real change in his recruiting emphasis or values now that he has a Pac-12 season behind him.
* There were few surprises because he doesn't believe in hard-pressure pitches. He explained the program and the university, and the guys who committed really wanted to be Huskies.
* LB Tevis Bartlett was a wrestler, and Petersen says he loves wrestlers -- never a question about their toughness.
* Petersen says he wishes this was like the NFL where he could bring the guys instantly in for a minicamp just to get going. On the other hand, he says he doesn't push early enrollment because there's only one senior year of high school, only one senior prom.
* However, he says he does favor an early signing period.