The United States Golf Association and the Royal & Ancient Golf Club have announced a rule change prohibiting anchored strokes.
Golf's governing bodies approved a new rule Tuesday that outlaws the putting stroke used by four of the last six major champions, going against two major golf organizations that argued long putters are not hurting the game.
Tacoma’s Todd Erwin hasn’t been at the top of a Washington Open Invitational leaderboard in a while, so it was no wonder he had a tough time recalling when the last time was.
CHICAGO - Rocco Mediate, Jeff Sluman and Chip Beck all expect decision day to become doomsday.
Josh Teater went 7-under par over 36 holes to top the British Open qualifier at a windy Gleneagles Country Club on Monday.
The head of the Tiger Woods Foundation still smiles broadly when asked about the contributions of the officials, staff and golf course at Aronimink Golf Club during the two years the Newtown Square, Pa., facility hosted the AT&T National.
Americans Josh Teater, Scott Brown Johnson Wagner and Bud Cauley qualified for the British Open on Monday at the international final qualifying at Gleneagles Country Club Queens Course.
Dufner struggled to a 4-over 74 to lose to Johnson by one. The former Masters champion didn't have it easy in the final round either, as he closed with a 2- over 72 in what was a 2-man race throughout the final round.
Tiger Woods spoke for some 20 minutes about the state of his game, belly putters, the U.S. Open and the AT&T National. As he was wrapping up, he needed just one word to cover the topic of Sergio Garcia.
Jennifer Johnson claimed her first LPGA Tour title on Sunday and that helped her move to No. 52 in the women's world rankings.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Confirmed: Josh Portis arrested for DUI; RB Christine Michael Signs
- UPDATED: Two arrested in fatal assault at Lakewood poolroom
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 105 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 66 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 55 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency