High School Sports HEADLINES
The Emerald Ridge Jaguars had yet to be truly challenged this season.
Some teams had to wait an extra day to try to earn a berth to the state baseball playoffs.
Adroit hitters and heat-throwing pitchers in high school and college baseball exist all over the country.
Strong communication on the field is a part of success for the Thomas Jefferson boys soccer team.
Emerald Ridge High School knows it has a Class 4A state fastpitch date this weekend in Spokane.
The timing couldn’t have been much worse.
The sharply hit ball was screaming toward the gap between center and right fields, appearing to be well out of Garrett Terrell’s reach.
Kyle Witzel is the designated 60-yard shooter for the Sedro-Woolley High School boys soccer team.
The injury-plagued Federal Way Eagles ran the show at the 4A West Central District meet, resulting in easy team titles for the boys (105.5 points) and the girls (65.5) at French Field in Kent on Saturday.
SHELTON — The wind was strong in the faces of runners along the frontstretch, which slowed times but did little too deter Marcus Chambers or the sprint crew from Lakes in their last stop before the state meet.
Score one for the hungry challengers Saturday at the Class 2A West Central District track and field championships.
EVERETT — Olympia High’s Michael Fairchild jumped all over a 1-2 pitch and his teammates sprinted out of the home dugout Saturday at Everett Memorial Stadium in jubilation after they saw the ball soar out of the park.
When asked early Friday to handicap the Class 4A state boys’ team championship race at next weekend’s Star Track, one coach succinctly replied, “It’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- Confirmed: Josh Portis arrested for DUI; RB Christine Michael Signs
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 106 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 67 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 2 It’s journalism we’re practicing, not espionage