What's the medical outlook and one major roster update?
[caption id="attachment_5230" align="alignright" width="200" caption="Mike Sweeney: He's in"][/caption]
- Cliff Lee played catch yesterdayand - this is good news, apparently - will play catch again tomorrow. Chances of being in the rotation opening day? Nil.
- What do you do about Mike Sweeney? The Mariners have pondered the question and here' s their answer - you put him on your 25-man roster and keep him there. Write this down in ink: Sweeney is the most valuable 25th man in baseball.
- Doug Fister and Garrett Olson will each throw in the bullpen today, testing a right forearm and left ring finger, respectively. Can Fister be ready to start fifth in the rotation when the season opens? Today's bullpen session will determine that.
- Erik Bedard threw another long-toss session, will throw one or two more and then - write this down with a pencil, not a pen - climb the mound for the first time since last July.
- Jack Hannahan (strained groin) has had a bone scan and will undergo at least one more medical test before the team is comfortable with its diagnosis. He'll start 2010 on the disabled list.
And now, your Seattle starting lineup for tonight's game against San Diego:
Never miss a local story.
- Ichiro, RF
- Jack Wilson, SS
- Casey Kotchman, 1B
- Milton Bradley, LF
- Eric Byrnes, CF
- Josh Bard, C
- Josh Wilson, 2B
- Chris Woodward, 3B
- Jason Vargas, P