Win today and a bad week would be largely redeemed, lose and the Seattle Mariners drop a full three games below .500.
If you're watching or listening at home, pay special attention early and again late - the Mariners scored 63 per cent of their runs in either the first or ninth innings. In between, they frustrate themselves and their fans.
It's a new lineup vs. Scott Feldman. and we're off.
- Ichiro singled on Feldman's third pitch. With Ichiro running on a 3-2 count, Chone Figgins grounded to first - Ichiro reaching second base. Casey Kotchman grounded out, Ichiro took third base. Franklin Gutierrez grounded out.
- Michael Young manufacured a run, hitting his first home run the other way for a 1-0 lead. Josh Hamilton doubled. Vladimir Guerrero singled, Hamilton to third base. Nelson Cruz walked to load 'em up with one out. Chris Davis forced Hamilton a the plate. Matt Treanor flied out. After one: Texas 1, Seattle 0.
- Second inning threat: Ken Griffey Jr singled and, one out later, Eric Byrnes singled - both runners movin up a base on David Murphy's error in left. Adam Moore grounded out, Junior scoring. In the second: Texas 1, Seattle 1.
- Joaquin Arias singled. Elvis Andrus tripled when Ichiro took a poor route to his drive in right field, Arias scoring. Murphy was awarded first base on catcher's interference. Young flied out. Hamilton walked, loding the bases. Guerrero singled Andrus home on Ian Snell's 56th pitch. Cruz flied out, Murphy scoring. Davis singled, Hamilton scoring, before Davis was thrown out trying to move up a base. Snell has thrown 62 pitches to get six outs. Texas 5, Seattle 1.
- Another threat that wasn't for Seattle. Gutierrez singled and now has a 12-game hitting streak. Griffey walked to put men at first and second with no one out. Lopez struck out. Byrnes grounded into a double play. Next.
- Snell is done after three innings, five runs and 78 pitches.
- Colome pitched two innings, but no soone had the Mariners cut the Rangers lead o 5-2 in the fifth - on a Figgins RBI double - than Colome gave up two runs in bottom half. After five: Texas 7, Seattle 2.
- Kanekoa Texeira pitching for Seattle in the sixth.
- Ok, it's 8-6 in the eighth inning and here's a tidbit for you. Catcher Adam Moore has been called for catcher's interference twice today - the first time that's happened in the big-leagues since April 2, 1986.
- Brandon League in to finish, and he's been hit as hard as anyone. Three consecutive singles for a one-out run (9-2).