Clinton shortstop Nick Franklin became the latest Lumberking to provide late-game heroics as he ripped a walk-off solo home run in a 4-3 win last night.
Tough night for the Rainiers as they lost another close one late. But it's good to see Greg Halman hit another home run and have a multi-hit game, of course he still had at least one strikeout.
In Double A West Tenn, Josh Fields had a strong outing, throwing 1 2/3 innings hitless innings with strikeout.
AAA Tacoma Rainiers (PCL)
Never miss a local story.
at Colorado Springs 6, Tacoma 5 (10 IP)
- Tacoma 5 runs, 9 hits, 1 error
- Colorado Springs 6 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors
- BOX SCORE
- RH Steven Shell 6.0,3,1,1,2,5
- RH Steve Bray 1.0,2,3,3,1,2,2HR
- RH Mike Koplove 1.2,3,1,1,0,2,HR
- RH Levale Speigner (L, 1-2) 1.0,2,1,1,2,0
- SS Josh Wilson 2x4, 2 R, 2 2B
- 3B Jack Hannahan 2x4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- CF Greg Halman 2x3, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- LF Mike Saunders 1x5
- DH Tommy Everigde 1x5, RBI
- 1B Mike Carp 1x4, RBI, BB
Tacoma gave up a tying home run in the bottom of the 9th and the winning RBI single in the 10th, both with 2 outs, and lost 6-5 to Colorado Springs Tuesday night. Travis Metcalf's solo homer tied it for the SkySox. Jonathan Herrera then won it in the 10th with a basesloaded infield single off Rainiers reliever Levale Speigner. The Rainiers had gone ahead 5-4 with a pair of runs in the top of the 9th on 2-out RBI singles by Tommy Everidge and Mike Carp. Greg Halman and Jack Hannahan each homered and singled and Josh Wilson doubled twice.Josh Wilson
has recorded multi-hits in his last 5 consecutive games, while extending his hitting streak to 9 games. During the streak he is batting .459 (17x37) with 5 runs scored, 7 doubles and 5 RBI.
Today’s probable starter: LH Chris Seddon (1-0, 6.10) at Colorado Springs
AA West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx (Southern League)
Huntsville 4, at West Tennessee 3
- Huntsville 4 runs, 9 hits, 2 errors
- West Tennessee 3 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors
- BOX SCORE
- RH Luis Munoz 5.0,5,2,2,1,1
- LH Robert Rohrbaugh (L, 1-1) 2.1,4,2,2,0,1
- RH Josh Fields 1.2,0,0,0,1,1
- RF Carlos Peguero 2x4, R, RBI
- C Guillermo Quiroz 2x4, R
- SS Carlos Triunfel 2x4
- CF Kuo Hui Lo 1x4, R, 2B, RBI
- DH Mike Wilson 1x4
- 3B Alex Liddi 1x3
Huntsville scored 2 runs in the top of the 8th
inning and come-from-behind to beat the Diamond Jaxx (4-8), 4-3. The Jaxx drop their 4th consecutive game and their 2nd 1-run game of the season.Carlos Peguero
recorded his 6th multi-hit game of the season and has now hit safely in 9 of 12 games this season. He is currently batting .390 (16x41) with 12 runs scored, 3 double, 3 home runs and 9 RBI.
Today’s probable starter: LH Mauricio Robles (1-0, 2.89) vs. Huntsville
A High Desert (California League)
Of Note: Heavy rains before Tuesday night's game against Lancaster made the field unplayable, forcing the team to postpone the game. The Mavs and JetHawks will play a double-header starting at 5:05 p.m. Wednesday night instead. Each game will be seven innings, and Game 2 will begin about 25 minutes after the completion of Game 1. Travis Scott is currently batting .318 (7x22) with 2 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 home run and 6 RBI during his current 5-game hit streak. Denny Almonte has recorded multi-hits in 3 of his last 4 games, batting .471 (8x17) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run and 7 RBI.
Today’s probable starter: Game 1: LH Ryan Feierabend (0-0, 0.00) vs. Lancaster. Game 2: RH Andrew Carraway (1-0, 4.50) vs. Lancaster
A Clinton LumberKings (Midwest Lg.)
at Clinton 4, Burlington 3
- Burlington 3 runs, 9 hits, 1 error
- Clinton 4 run, 8 hits, 1 error
- BOX SCORE
- RH Tyler Blandford 5.0,3,0,0,5,8
- RH Chris Kirkland 2.1,1,0,0,3,3
- RH Daniel Cooper 1.0,3,3,3,1,1
- RH Brandon Josselyn 0.2,1,0,0,1,1
- RH John Housey (W, 2-0) 1.0,1,0,0,0,3,WP
- 1B Dennis Raben 3x4, R, 2B
- SS Nick Franklin 2x4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- LF Kalian Sams 1x3, R, 2B, RBI
- CF Matt Cerione 1x4, BB
- 2B Gabriel Noriega 1x4, R
: The LumberKings snapped a 3-game losing streak and won despite watching a 3-0 lead evaporate as Nick Franklin blasted a walk-off solo home run in the 10th
for a 4-3 win over Burlington last night. Franklin’s shot was his 3rd of the season and came off Bees’ lefty Branden Lafferty to lead off the inning. Of the 6 wins posted by the LumberKings this season, 3 have come on walkoff homers. Franklin’s homer last night was his first career walk-off and his fourth as a pro. After allowing 34 earned runs over the first 10 games of the season, Clinton starting pitchers have combined to allow 1 earned run over the last 19.2 innings, good for an ERA of 0.47. The Clinton bullpen is 4-2 with a 2.13 ERA (13 ER in 55.0 IP) and includes 4 hurlers with more than 1 outing and a sub-3.00 ERA. Brian Moran leads the way, having recorded 8.1 scoreless innings over his first 3 outings. Chris Kirkland lowered his ERA to 0.96 with 2.1 scoreless innings last night and has just 1 ER over 9.1 innings.
Today’s probable starter: LH Jon Hesketh (0-1, 17.18) vs. Burlington