The video above Wedge talks about Seager just needed a day off and using the off day to basically get him two off days. Though I'm pretty certain that if Ryan or Andino comes up in a meaningful spot, he will be pinch hitting.
Michael Saunders has struggled of late.
Wedge thinks Saunders is expanding his strikezone and swinging at pitches out of that area.
- Michael Morse is batting 3rd for the first time this season (cleanup – 31 G, 5th – 8 G).
- Michael Saunders is batting 2nd for the 4th time this season (first time since April 9 vs. Houston).
- Jason Bay is making his 2nd start batting leadoff (last: April 26 vs. LAA).
- Kyle Seager is not in the starting lineup today…started 29 consecutive games (all at 3B) from April 19-May 21…has appeared in 45 of the Mariners 46 games this season (DNP 4/9 vs. HOU).
- This is the 44th different lineup for the Mariners this season (47th game).
Courtesy of Stats INC... Robert Andino becomes the 6th player in club history to start 3 infield positions in consecutive team games (Not sure if that's a good thing):
- Robert Andino, 2013 05/20-2B, 05/21-SS, 05/22-3B
- Kyle Seager, 2011 08/19-2B, 08/20-3B, 08/21-SS
- Josh Wilson, 2010 06/22-2B, 06/23-SS, 06/24-1B
- Ronny Cedeno, 2009 05/17-2B, 05/18-3B, 05/19-SS
- Greg Litton, 1993 06/24-2B, 06/25-1B, 06/26-3B
- Domingo Ramos, 1983 04/17-2B, 04/18-SS, 04/19-3B