NASCAR / Motorsports HEADLINES
Helio Castroneves and Dario Franchitti will be trying to become four-time Indianapolis 500 champions, four women will roll off the starting grid, a local boy is on the pole and a group of dynamic rookies that includes A.J. Allmendinger is there to add intrigue.
Justin Allgaier started the season with a new car, a new crew chief and a relatively new pit crew.
Count Scott Dixon as a fan of starting an IndyCar Series race three wide.
AJ Allmendinger's parents attended their first Indianapolis 500 in 1979, when they camped in a grassy lot and watched Rick Mears win his first 500.
What a turnaround it has been for A.J. Allmendinger during the past 10 months.
Will Power looked to his right and saw a buckled-up reporter holding his iPhone, pen and notebook.
Helio Castroneves figures plenty of today's fans have never seen a driver win the Indianapolis 500 for a record-tying fourth time.
KV Racing Technology-SH has added another sponsor to Tony Kanaan's car for the Indianapolis 500.
Longtime NASCAR driver Ken Schrader became the oldest winner in ARCA Racing Series history Sunday, dominating the Menards 200 at Toledo Speedway.
Michel Jourdain Jr. was the only driver who failed to make the Indianapolis 500 field during Bump Day qualifying Sunday.
The nine starting positions that remained for the May 26 Indianapolis 500 were determined during Sunday's "Bump Day" at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Bump Day at Indianapolis followed the script.
Johnny Gray raced to his third victory of the season Sunday at the NHRA Kansas Nationals to regain the Funny Car points lead.
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- 364 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally