Déjà vu? Not exactly.
The highly anticipated rematch of Super Bowl XLVIII combatants finally delivered the drama that was lacking in February.
After rolling out to a 14-point lead, the Seahawks had to go to overtime to finish off the Broncos, 26-20, on Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
It wasn’t pretty, but Seattle got the job done and will head into the bye week with a 2-1 record.
The Seahawks defense pressured Peyton Manning and shut down Denver most of the day. But Manning led the Broncos down the field and scored the tying touchdown and two-point conversion with 18 seconds left in regulation.
Seattle’s offense struggled, giving up a safety and late interception that turned the tide in Denver's favor. But Russell Wilson led the Seahawks to an 80-yard drive, capped by a Marshawn Lynch touchdown, never giving the Broncos a chance in overtime.
A win is a win in the NFL, especially against a team as good as Denver.
The Seahawks will now have two weeks off to regroup before taking the field in prime time Monday, Oct. 6, in Washington D.C.
Let’s get to your thoughts:
1. Who gets the game gall? Who is your goat?
2. What surprised you the most about today’s game?
3. Any lingering concerns from San Diego, or did today put those to rest?
4. Heading into the bye week, what is your take on this team through three weeks?
5. After beating Denver twice in four games, which team worries you the most moving forward?