I don't think anyone saw this coming. Coming into this contest the Baltimore Ravens were the team with the dominant defense who forced turnovers, but the Seattle Seahawks turned the tables in a surprising, 22-17 win at CenturyLink Field.
The Seahaks are now 3-6 on the year as they start the second half of the season. The Seahawks forced three turnovers, scoring three field goals off of Baltimore miscues.
And Seattle's offense did just enough to give Seattle a comfortable, 19-7 lead in the first half, which the Seahawks did a good job of protecting down the stretch.
Never miss a local story.
But this game was all about the performance of the defense, which held the Ravens to 323 total yards.
But the win came with a price, with Kam Chancellor (head), Doug Baldwin (head), Sidney Rice (head), John Moffitt (knee), Atari Bigby (hamstring) and Anthony Hargrove (hamstring) all suffering injuries.
Some game balls.
* Seattle's offense line continued its impressive play, allowing just one sack and giving Seattle a steady game on the ground.
* The special teams unit was responsible for forcing two turnovers.
* Kicker Steven Hauschka finished with five field goals on the day.
* Someone finally handed Pete Carroll a game management 101 handbook, and he settled for three points with his team ahead.
* Marshawn Lynch finished with 167 total yards, including 109 on the ground. So that's back-to-back 100-yard games for the Cal product.
*Others? let us know in the comments section.