Russell Wilson played two snaps Thursday against the Oakland Raiders. One was a handoff for no gain, the other was a 63-yard touchdown pass to rookie Tyler Lockett.
After that, it was an extended audition for the final roster spots during Seattle’s 31-21 win in the final preseason game at CenturyLink Field before the regular season kicks off Sept. 13 in St. Louis.
One note of potential concern could be the health of strong safety Dion Bailey, Kam Chancellor’s projected replacement. Bailey had his hand wrapped in the first half by the training staff, although he did continue to play on special teams.
Among the other storylines:
Never miss a local story.
Frank Clark, who was not auditioning but solidifying his status, spent most of the first half in the backfield.
Christine Michael and Thomas Rawls both ran well against a bad Oakland defense.
And neither Tharold Simon nor Mohammed Seisay looked particularly well in the secondary.
Let’s get to your thoughts:
1. Feeling good about the offense?
2. When will Chancellor be back with this team?
3. Who would you keep, Michael or Rawls? Or both?
4. Fill out the rest of the roster. Who wins out on the DL, secondary, etc.?
5. Preseason predictions: Wins, finish, breakout player(s), pro bowlers?