Tacoma Rainiers / PCL HEADLINES
A miracle comeback in the ninth inning would have been a pretty neat birthday gift for Tacoma Rainiers manager John Stearns and he nearly got it Wednesday night in Tucson.
Scott Savastanos sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 14th inning Friday night lifted the Tacoma Rainiers to a 9-8 victory over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Taijuan Walker brought his A game to the Dell Diamond in Round Rock on Thursday night at least until the field turned into a mud bowl.
The Rainiers "grand slam guy" was scratched from the lineup right before first pitch, and it ended up potentially making a big difference in Tacomas 6-1 loss at Albuquerque on Friday night.
Tom Wilhelmsen’s first start of the season didn’t go as planned for the Tacoma Rainiers.
Even another solid outing from Taijuan Walker couldn't stop the first-place Rainiers losing streak, as Tacoma quietly lost to Fresno on Friday night, 3-2.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some