Among them, Hanauer also said:
* this signing won’t affect the club’s ability to re-sign goalkeeper Kasey Keller, and he expects that to be completed with the dotting of a few i’s and the crossing of of few t’s.
*the Sounders are constrained by the salary cap and that any additional player signings are likely to be role players.
* that said, he added that he likes the present team, especially if everyone returns healthy in spring
Never miss a local story.
* the club encourages its talented young players to play overseas, as with Steve Zakuani now at Everton. He reminded that Zakuani is under club control for three more years.
* defender Tyrone Marshall will be made available to other teams in the MLS veteran-reentry draft next week. He wasn’t yet sure if any other Sounders veterans will be exposed.
* among the club’s recent acquisitions, he seems to especially like forward O’Brian White -- acquired from Vancouver by way of Tornoto – as a strong, fast, potential-goal-scorer.
* season ticket sales are on par with last season, and the club is considering increasing Qwest Field capacity before next season. The most logical way to do that, he said, is by opening in the Hawks Nest.
* there has been no firm decision, but the assumption seems to be that the existing FieldTurf will be used again next season. However, he said new technology has fluffed up the existing turf in a way that could allow it to play better next season than it did last season.
And maybe more. I'll be back if I find anything else in my notes or recorder...