No huge news out of Sounders training today, but a few interesting topics from coach Sigi Schmid, who returned after missing yesterday with an undisclosed personal issue.
* Eddie Johnson "has been able to participate in training, but what we want to do is we want to now lay a base for him because he really missed preseason when you look at it in terms of the hard work that we did. So we figure this now becomes a good weekend when we can lay a little bit of that base to make sure that when we get him out there that we're not going to relapse him."
* Improving the home record was one of the club goals this season, so a 3-0 sweep of this opening homestand "is important to us."
* San Jose is more than Chris Wondolowski, although "he's a dangerous player."
* The Colin Clark incident is a teachable moment for everyone in the league to "be appropriate" on the pitch and through social media.
* Credits depth and returning core group of players for the 2-0 start despite injuries.
* Says 19-year-old Cordell Cato was kept out of training with some ankle swelling. "We don't think it's anything serious."
* League rules probably prohibit any new player signings through the injuries.
* Asked if the team is being more selective in shooting, he said "that's great if we can up our percentage, but when we have to get looks we have to take those."