In the meanwhile, a look at the LA Galaxy, provided by the Sounders staff:
LA Series Notes
Sounders FC holds a 3-5-3 record in the all-time series with the LA Galaxy, including a 2-2-1 record at CenturyLink Field. Seattle is currently riding a three-game (0-2-1) regular-season winless streak against Bruce Arena's club, with the last regular season win coming in a 4-0 result at home on August 5 of last season. There have been two other 4-0 results in the series, as the Galaxy won on May 8, 2010 at CenturyLink Field and May 26 of this season at the StubHub Center. Sunday's match will be the Galaxy's first visit to Seattle since the Rave Green won, 2-1, in the second leg of the 2012 Western Conference Championship.
Never miss a local story.
* LA has outscored Seattle, 15-11, including eight goals in the middle third of games.
* The Galaxy have out-shot Sounders FC, 128-121, but Seattle has put more shots on frame (43-36).
* Eddie Johnson, Juninho and Robbie Keane all lead active players with three goals apiece in the series.
* Mauro Rosales and Landon Donovan lead all players with four assists in the series.
* Robbie Keane is the only player to score multiple goals in a game in the series when he netted a hat trick on May 26 of this season.
* Landon Donovan holds the series' single-game mark when he recorded three assists on May 8, 2010. Mauro Rosales recorded two in last year's 4-0 win on August 5, 2012.
Donovan Looks to Set MLS Record on SundayLandon Donovan will become the all-time leading scorer in MLS history with his next goal. With 134 goals, Donovan is currently tied with Jeff Cunningham atop the all-time list. In his 13th season, Donovan is also second all-time with 117 assists, 37 game-winning goals and 36 game-winning assists. He is also the leader with 30 multi-goal games. Cunningham scored his record 134th goal against Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field on August 27, 2011.
Galaxy Attack among Best in MLSWith 52 goals on the season, including a league-leading 32 at home, the LA Galaxy boasts one of the most potent attacks in MLS. Leading the way is Irish National Team captain Robbie Keane, who ranks fourth in MLS with 15 goals and third with 11 assists. Landon Donovan partners in the attack with 10 goals and nine assists in just 21 games this season. Midfielder Marcelo Sarvas, who has started 32 of the Galaxy's 33 games, has four goals and six assists this season, and 22-year-old Homegrown forward Gyasi Zardes has four goals and four assists in 22 starts. Juninho, who has also started 32 games in the midfield this season, will be suspended for the match due to yellow card accumulation.