State Elections HEADLINES
Seattle is on its way to electing a new mayor.
A national push to create a $15 minimum wage found a new source of momentum Tuesday as an initiative on the issue built an early lead in the airport city of SeaTac.
Even as opponents of Initiative 522 break fundraising records, a few large U.S. companies that spent money last year to fight mandatory labeling of genetically modified foods in California have been sitting out this year’s fight in Washington.
A new report by the Washington State Academy of Sciences says Initiative 522s requirement to label genetically modified foods could come with costs to consumers.
Live election results for the 2013 primary election
Candidates answer our questions, and we give you a customized ballot with their responses, based on where you live.
The Pierce County Republican Party scrambled Thursday to expedite the replacement of state Sen. Mike Carrell, who died Wednesday of complications from treatment for a blood disorder.
BLAINE, Whatcom county – Republican Attorney General Rob McKenna and challenger John Ladenburg, a Democrat, clashed on just about every subject Thursday during a lively 60-minute debate.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some