The sale of Sumner’s city golf course to an industrial developer could soon come to a vote, and officials say approval of a deal would lower residents’ utility rates and improve the city’s financial health.
A Sumner man convicted earlier this month of commercial sex abuse of a minor the first verdict of its kind in the county, and possibly the state was sentenced this afternoon to 21 months in prison in King County Superior Court.
Teams bringing together active-duty soldiers and civilians faced off in contests from softball to a tug-of-war in Sumner Saturday to forge community bonds.
An 18-year-old Sumner man lost control of his vehicle Saturday morning after spilling coffee on his leg and crashed his SUV into a shopping center in the 15000 block of Main Street in Sumner, police said.
Friendly competition is bringing two East Pierce County cities together on Saturday to support active-duty soldiers. Sumner will host the first Great American Picnic, where the citys various organizations and residents will be pitted against groups from neighboring Puyallup to raise money for a military nonprofit.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some