It took 10 years for the state of Washington to decide Chornice Lewis was an unfit foster mother.
Records of foster mother Chornice Lewis’ interactions with the state were obtained by The News Tribune through a public records request to the Department of Social and Health Services.
The former foster child of Chornice Lewis hasn’t filed a damage claim against the state of Washington, but two local lawyers familiar with the legal terrain say the teen would have a strong case if she chose to pursue it.
Officially, the state of Washington’s internal review of the Chornice Lewis case outlines a series of findings and recommendations.
Word on the Street: Need a cavity filled? Pierce College Dental Hygiene Clinic offers affordable care
- Woman pleads not guilty to assaulting baby, makes bizarre statements
- Man dies of injuries after longboard crash at Chambers Bay
- Wilson faces more pressure than other young QBs?
- New Puyallup River bridge at SR 167 expected in next few years; funding an issue with Milroy span
- Report: Tacoma businessman busted in Internet sex sting