Dave Zeeck HEADLINES
Every day we strive to bring you the most important stories — from around the block or around the world.
The most controversial story in American journalism last week was about a suburban New York newspaper that published an interactive map disclosing the names and home addresses of the 44,000 people in their readership area who had handgun permits.
The News Tribune and its predecessors have been in this area for nearly 130 years, reporting on what we know best: the South Sound and its people.
- Oversize truck might be cause of I-5 bridge collapse into Skagit River
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- State lawmakers vote 'no' on flaws, 'yes' to photo retouching
- Quick notes on the coming roster moves — CarlosTriunfel will be joining the Mariners
- Fife man holding 4-year-old son hostage shot dead