Pierce County Library branches offer variety of activities for kids
As the days of summer continue, it may be getting harder to keep the kids entertained. Here are activities happening at Pierce County Library System branches this week. Registration may be required; call each local branch for more information.
▪ Rocket-It-Science: Kryptonite, Rocks & Minerals Learn about minerals and rocks, bring 2 rocks of your own to identify. 2 p.m. Monday, Steilacoom Library, 2950 Steilacoom Blvd., 253-548-3313; 11 a.m. Thursday, Bonney Lake Library, 18501 90th St. E., 253-548-3308.
▪ Puppet Theatre Presents “Go to Sleep, Gecko” and “Raven” 10:30 a.m. Monday Gig Harbor Library, 4424 Point Fosdick Drive W., 253-548-3305; 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Tillicum Library, 14916 Washington Ave. SW, 253-548-3314; 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, University Place Library, 3609 Market Place W., 253-548-3307; 11 a.m. Wednesday, Parkland Spanaway Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., 253-548-3304; 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Orting Library, 205 Washington Ave. S., 253-548-3312.
▪ Teen Club: Magic Tournament Sealed deck tournament for Magic the Gathering, 3:30-5 p.m. Monday, South Hill Library, 15420 Meridian E., 253-548-3303.
▪ Rock-It-Science: Saving the World from Volcanoes Watch a 20-foot high eruption, learn how volcanoes form and why, 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, DuPont Library, 1540 Wilmington Drive, 253-548-3326.
▪ Louis Foxx - Super Magic 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-548-3306; 2 p.m. Tuesday, Milton Edgewood Library, 900 Meridian E., 253-548-3325.
▪ Ms. Frizzle, Science Hero Explore ocean creatures, magnets, bugs and hands-on science, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Orting Library, 205 Washington Ave. S., 253-548-3312.
▪ I Can Be Anything: Health Care Explore career options in fun, hands-on activities, 2 p.m. Fife Library, 6622 20th St. E., 253-548-3323.
▪ Honk, Howl and Squeak Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium visits, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Eatonville Library, 205 Center St. W., 360-832-6011, 253-548-3311; 2 p.m. Thursday, University Place Library, 3609 Market Place W., 253-548-3307; 3 p.m. University Place Library, 3609 Market Place W., 253-548-3307.
▪ Pierce County Environmental Educators: Recycling Heroes Wanted Learn how to recycle and be a hero, 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Buckley Library, 123 S. River Ave., 253-548-3310; 11 a.m. Friday, Lakewood Library, 6300 Wildaire Road SW, 253-548-3302.
▪ Pacific Science Center: Super Cool Science Show 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Graham Library, 9202 224th St. E., 253-548-3322.