The fall Seattle Home Show opens Oct. 23 at CenturyLink Field Event Center. Here are five things to see and do.
1. Remodeling: High impact and cost friendly projects are on the rise with both downsizing baby boomers and first-time millennial home buyers. Find a plethora of home remodeling professionals to talk to about that home project.
2. Home technology: Everything from security cameras and video in your home to remotely opening and closing a garage door using a mobile app or personal computer. There’s even software with a built-in microphone to scold Fido when he’s naughty — even when you’re 50 miles away from home.
3. Transformation paint: Removable peel-and-stick paint allows you to change the wall color of your apartment quickly. All you do is rip off the “paint.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
4. Cooking demonstrations: Watch Seattle-area chefs cook on a demonstration state.
5. Outdoor living: Find all kinds of ideas for making better use of your backyard at the outdoor living area, which also has a beer and wine garden.
Seattle Home Show
Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Oct. 23-25.
Where: CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Admission: $3 (juniors, 7-15); $8 (seniors, 60 plus) and $12 (adults) .