Employers interested in learning about the legal landscape of cannabis and the workplace can attend a forum next month in Lakewood.
The forum, titled “Marijuana and the workplace, a dialogue,” will be held at 8 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 3 in the Lakewood City Hall council chambers, 6000 Main St. SW, Lakewood in the Lakewood Towne Center.
Topics will include safety, drug testing, legal issues and best practices.
Speakers will include:
▪ Jodi Slavik, employment attorney, regional director, Vigilant.
▪ Valarie Zeeck, attorney at law, Gordon Thomas Honeywell.
▪ Mark Martinez, executive secretary, Pierce County Building and Construction Trades Council.
▪ Amanda Gilchrist, senior manager, and Dr. Bert Toivola, technical director, Cordant Health Solutions.
▪ Sally Buckingham, industrial hygienist, technical services, state Department of Labor & Industries.
Those interested in attending can register online: bit.ly/PotForum. Those arriving the day of the event can attend if there is room.
The forum is sponsored by the Pierce County Economic Development Department, the city of Lakewood and the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County.