The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber announced its nominees Thursday for the annual New Tacoma Awards.
The awards recognize businesses, organizations and individuals who make outstanding contributions to downtown Tacoma.
Winners will be announced at a lunch July 11 at the Pacific Grill Events Center at 1530 Pacific Ave. Reservations can be made online on at www.tacomachamber.org.
This year’s awards are sponsored by Tacoma Power’s Click Network, Tags Awards & Specialties and Blitz & Co. The 2014 nominees are:
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
For the Ghilarducci Award recognizing successful new development, renovation or beautification:
• Community Health Care’s New Regional Health Center
• Foss Waterway Seaport’s Rehabilitation
• HHJ’s Rehabilitation of the Rector’s Building
• Tacoma Post Office Building Rehabilitation
• UWT Section of Prairie Line Trail
For the Popham Award recognizing the individual that has done the most to build community spirit:
• Dion Thomas of Gallery of Ambition
• JD Elquist of The Elquists
• Justin Mayfield of Downtown Block Party
• Rusty George of Rusty George Creative
For the Public Places Award recognizing the best activation of a public park, open space or right-of-way:
• Alchemy Skate’s Go Skate Tacoma Day
• City of Tacoma’s Pacific Avenue Streetscape
• Downtown On the Go’s Walk Tacoma
For the Schoenfeld Award recognizing exemplary performance and pizazz as a retailer or restaurateur:
• Anthem Coffee
• Creative Forces Gifts & Sundries
• Endless Prints
• Handlebar Cycling Studio
• Harmon Brewing
• Moss + Mineral
• Savor Creperie
For the Union Station Award recognizing organizations, companies or individuals that have built or sustained momentum for revitalization:
• Children’s Museum of Tacoma
• Downtown Merchants Group
• Milt Tremblay of UWT