Happy National Small Business Week, which begins Monday, May 4, and runs through Friday.
To celebrate, the Internal Revenue Service is featuring some of its most popular educational products for small business owners and self-employed individuals.
The products include webinars and videos on the IRS video portal at irsvideos.gov/SmallBusinessTaxpayer/SmallBusinessWeek. Check out the special tab for Small Business Week for topics including:
• Business Use of Your Home: Find out what kinds of deductions are allowable for a home office and what’s not. Learn about a simplified method for figuring the home office deduction.
• Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes: Learn about available tax benefits and how best to avoid common mistakes small business owners make.
• Depreciation Basics: Depreciation is a deduction that allows a taxpayer to recover the cost or other basis of certain business property. This video will help individual taxpayers and small business owners properly claim this deduction.
• Child and Daycare Provider Tax Compliance: Learn how to report correctly common tax items associated with owning a childcare or daycare business.
• Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center: Everything a business owner needs to know about accessing the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center is in this video containing screen shots and helpful navigational tools and tips.