The City of Tacoma has extended the application deadline for its Business Tax Amnesty Program.
Registered and unregistered businesses can apply for the one-time program until July 10, according to a city release this week.
The amnesty waives penalties and interest on city business tax and license fees that were due on or before April 30, according to the release.
Among the taxes and fees affected:
• Business and Occupation (B&O) taxes.
• Private utility taxes (telephone, cellular, cable, solid waste, natural gas, electricity).
• Admission and gambling taxes.
• Annual business license fees and regulatory license fees.
• Unreported liabilities (excluding those involving some bankruptcies or collections).
• The program also waives 50 percent of civil penalties (except those sent to collection).
And although the application deadline has been extended, the deadline for payment remains July 31.
For more information, call 253-591-5200 or visit PayMyTacomaTax.org.